Please read this policy for details of how we use the personal information you provide us with and to understand how we protect this information.
How we collect your information
We ask for information from you (such as your name, email address, phone number, address, or personal identifier) when you:
- Sign up for an open evening/day event
- Book an initial consultation appointment with one of our partner clinics
- Register on our website or subscribe to receive relevant online news from us (or otherwise enter information on our website).
Where we are collecting information purely on behalf of Gynii Me, we will be responsible for your information at all times.
What information we collect
We collect any information that can be used to identify you. For example, it can include information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number and the month and year of your birth.
If you are booking an initial consultation with a consultant at one of our partner clinics, we may also ask for additional information about the type of appointment you are seeking. We also give you the option to add any additional information you wish to pass on to the consultant in advance of your appointment.
We would only collect personal information where there is a clear need to do so such as to ascertain what services are relevant to you or to cater for other services and support to you. Before collecting personal information about you we will make it clear to you what information we are collecting and the purposes for collecting it.
Please note that the Gynii Me website will not ask you for credit/debit card details, or bank account details.
How we use your personal information
How we use your information would largely depend on why you are providing it. We may use your personal information in the following ways.
- To give you the information or support services you ask for
- To gain a full understanding of you and your situation and requirements, so we can develop and offer you the best possible customised services and to ensure communications from us to you are relevant and timely
- To keep a record of your relationship with us and for internal administrative purposes, so we can:
- Use your personal information to provide tailored services and information for you and an overall improved experience
- Let you know about changes to our services or policies
- To carry out statistical analysis and research in order to help us to understand how we are performing and how we can improve our services and address the requirements of Users that require our help
- We may also use your personal information for other purposes which we specifically notify you about and, where appropriate, obtain your consent.
We will protect the confidentiality of your information in accordance with our normal data handling procedures and all legal requirements. We will not use it for any purposes other than those which are set out in this Policy.
How we keep your information secure
We are committed to keeping personal information secure and take all reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration.
Only authorised Gynii Me employees and contractors or partners carrying out authorised business functions are allowed to access data or databases held by Gynii Me.
We inform and update our employees about our policies and procedures regarding confidentiality, security and privacy, and we emphasise the importance of complying with them at all times. Our security procedures are consistent with accepted commercial standards used to protect personal information. Gynii Me employees are required to sign a Confidentiality Agreement in which they agree to keep all User personal information confidential. Employees who breach the Confidentiality Agreement are subject to disciplinary actions.
Any employee found to be in breach of the law will be reported to the relevant authorities.
Whilst we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, Gynii Me Ltd cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you provide information at your own risk.
When someone visits www.gyniime.co.uk we use third party services, e.g. Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns.
Where data is processed
All our data (including the personal information you provide to us) is processed within the EU and no personal data is transferred to countries outside the EU without your explicit consent.
We may use what are known as “cookies” on our website in order to personalise our service to you. If you do not want cookies to be used, you can set your internet browser to block them.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites that you visit.
We use information gathered from cookies, in order to:
- compile statistics on how our website is being used, which can help us to improve our website and online services
- Facilitate users' ability to navigate through the website
- Monitor whether the website is operating effectively
- Customise and improve the service we offer you by understanding your preferences and establishing which areas of the website are most relevant to you
- Remember your username for the next time you visit the Gynii Me website, so that you do not have to enter the same information each time you access the website.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can turn off all cookies. The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether.
Since each internet browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off in your internet browser settings, some of the features that make your website experience more efficient may not function properly.
You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
You are entitled at any stage to ask that part or all of your personal information be destroyed or deleted and we will carry out your request. This can be requested using the contact details below.
You have the right to access any personal data that we process relating to you. We may ask for verification of your identity before releasing any information to you.
This site, www.gyniime.com, is owned and operated by Gynii Me, a company registered in England with the company number 10300413.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on: 27 September 2018.