Symptoms of OHSS(ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome) depend on whether you have mild, moderate or severe OHSS.
Mild OHSS symptoms include:
- Mild abdominal pain and swelling
Moderate OHSS symptoms include:
- Increased abdominal pain and swelling
Severe OHSS symptoms include:
- Severe abdominal pain, nausea and swelling
- Thirst and dehydration
- Rapid weight gain
- Decreased urination which is dark in colour
- Shortness of breath
- Blood clots in legs or lungs causing swollen, tender legs and pain in your chest
If you experience any symptoms of OHSS (mild, moderate or severe), they should be reported to your doctor. If you develop severe symptoms you should seek medical advice immediately and contact your clinic, doctor or attend the emergency department of your local hospital.